A Gartner study from four years ago predicted that by 2019 more than 50% of organizations will invest more money into the customer experience. Below are what we voted the most important:
1. EVs will become mainstream and the number of users will increase. The international Energy Agency believe that 125 million electric vehicles will be on the road by 2030. For this exact reason Customer Service will need to be at its best to enable users to maximize their full potential usage of their EV.
2. Charging infrastructures are increasing, networks will have to compete for their clients – organizations will invest more money into the customer experience. Leading organizations will be those of which offer extra support e.g. 24/7 customer service, specialised tech support, live chats, different payment methods etc.
3. Non-satisfactory customer service at the charge point station will go viral in the social media sites. When you use social media to delight customers you save money by increasing retention and encouraging referral and free word-of-mouth marketing. When customers use social media, it can either be positive or negative. Something which could make or break a company’s success
4. Cars and chargers are getting smarter and most of all customers are getting smarter – They know what they want and know what to expect when it comes to the customer experience. Customers aren’t just comparing you to your competitors, they’re comparing their personalised experience. People are impressed with how the companies they do business with seem to know them. They need to be able to connect and empathize with the situations that your customers face.
5. Customers want convenience – Customers will do business with companies who are easier to do work with. How easy is it to communicate with your company for help? The more ways a customer can connect to and receive help from your company the better